Below you will find forms, disclosures and documents to view, print and sign. For certain forms and documents, you have the ability to use our online DocuSign eSignature service. With this service, you can complete and sign the form electronically. It’s simple, safe and secure!
- ACH Credit(eDocument) (view/print)
- ACH Debit(eDocument) (view/print)
- Add an Authorized User to Credit Card (eDocument) (view/print)
- Address Change(eDocument) (view/print)
- ATM/Debit Dispute(eDocument) (view/print)
- Authorization for password use (eDocument)
- CC Balance Transfer(eDocument) (view/print)
- Corporate Check Stop Payment (view/print)
- Privacy Notice Opt Out(eDocument) (view/print)
- Private Sales Agreement (view/print)
- Privilege Pay Opt In(view/print)
- Skip A Pay(eDocument) (view/print)
- Stop Payment(eDocument)
- Unblocking Visa Debit/Credit Card(view/print)
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
What is DocuSign? With DocuSign you can sign your documents electronically. When your form or document is complete, it is electronically sent to the Credit Union. Whether you’re at your home, in the office, or even on-the-go DocuSign works every time. It’s safe, it’s secure, and it’s legally binding. Please be aware that this process may verify your identity by asking a series of random “out-of-wallet” questions, which may be created from public record and credit databases.
How do I know if I can eSign a document? If you see the word ‘eDocument’ listed after a title, that means the application or form is designated to use this DocuSign process. Please note that a valid email address and internet access are required to complete any of the eDocuments.
Is DocuSign safe & secure? Yes! Protecting your finances is our top priority. DocuSign offers a comprehensive approach to security to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your forms and documents.
How do I know if my eDocument was received? Once you have completed and submitted your eDocument, you will receive confirmation by email that your request was received by the Credit Union. If you have any questions or would like more information about any of our forms or the DocuSign process, please call us at 610.326.3705.